EA, in their infinite wisdom, has decided that if you haven't upgraded your yearly sports games in the past two years, that you must not care about playing games online. So they don't need to support you anymore.
In one month, on 1 SEP 2007, EA will drop online support for the following games on the following platforms.
All versions up through 2006 for the following series on all platforms but PS3:
- Arena Football
- FIFA Soccer
- FIFA World Cup
- Madden NFL
- NCAA Baseball
- NBA Live
- NCAA Football
- NFL Head Coach
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour
Also getting the axe on September 1st are:
- Fight Night Round 3 (PSP/Xbox only, not 360 or PS3)
- Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects (PS2/Xbox only)
And then, two months later on 1 NOV 2007, even more games get dropped:
- Burnout Revenge (PS2/Xbox)
- Need for Speed Underground (PS2)
- Need for Speed Underground 2 (PS2/PC)
- Need for Speed Most Wanted (PSP/Xbox)
Good job, EA! Now people will be forced to buy your 2008 lineup! Brilliant and respectful way to treat your customers.
Discuss this article on the forums.